Google has found a new feature called ‘Dark Theme’ in its latest version of Android Pie v9.0+. When we think about this new feature the first thing strikes to our brain is Dark. It is simple that the feature will reverse the background to black. This is so because it is comfortable for the eyes and also increases the battery of your Android device.
At 2018 Android Dev summit Google started a discussion on the brightness of the phone and also discussed regarding the white colour of the background which affects the battery. This is because it takes more Power.
It has been using the same white colour background to all its other apps which comes Youtube, Google assistant and Chrome. Later they came to a decision to avoid the White Colour Background and to explain other developers not to encourage it.
At full Brightness it gives 43% Lesser Power. This is the Power when Compared to the Normal Mode over YouTube.
The users who have a phone with Android pie software they can easily apply this new feature. Here is the whole process.
- Click on Settings of your Phone.
- In the devices heading you will find Display tap on it. Next click on Advanced > Device Theme
- Finally there will be an option Dark click on it.
This just decreases the brightness level of the phone to apply Black Background you need to make changes on other applications. You need to activate manually to other applications, for example if you use YouTube you can make the changes. Follow the below steps carefully.
- Tap on YouTube on your Smart Phone.
- Next open Settings, for this click on Profile icon on the top Right Corner>Settings> Later click on General.
- As soon as you open General bar you will find Dark. Toggle on it for Activation.
- Finally the feature will be activated and you will find a Black Background.